Friday, December 14, 2018

Love in a blur

Love in a blur














I flashed myself up the hill
With my usual maddening skill

There she was floating in the breeze
I fell down as my heart had an instant freeze

This could be my biggest brake
What should I say for goodness sake?

I tried to speak with a foreign tongue
about monsters and knights from a long forgotten song

She laughed and kissed me there as I lay
then she was off lightly swooshing away

The kiss had me melted and lost in a dream
after her I must, my nostrils blowing out steam

Not far had she gone but my rival was there
The one with taupe and a step like Astaire

I did what was easy and stole his hair
That would make her see he wasn't so fair

Still though she hugged him and polished his flint
I started away and felt a need for absinthe

Silently I dove into the first bar I saw
Ten hours later I thought about breaking the law

My slumber was ended by a sweet gentle hand
It led me out the door and to fantasy land

For there at end of the hand and arm
Was the lady who had took me with her crazy charm

Shocked and bewildered I ask her to stop
I put on the 60s and started to bop

She was perplexed, but liked it for sure
we twirled and flipped as never before

Sweaty and tired we bade our farewell
and I went back home to my kettlebell

I awoke back on my starship safe and sound
the crew looked at me funny and spit on the ground

It was an honour for but just a few
No matter, panicking I had to find the loo

The absinthe came up in a green gushing blur
next time I'll try the pricey fifty year liqueur



No comments:

Post a Comment

FEATURED POST

Mike and Me

At the time I got back home they were all there; the bully, the hustler and the brake. They were all still confused. The bully...